A few days ago, a Facebook memory popped up on my phone causing me to literally catch my breath. Ha, some pics are definitely better in the cyber-graveyard. This would have been one of them.
As I sat and studied the woman in the photo, I felt as if I didn’t even know her. To be clear, I remember the place, the time, the situation, the others involved; I remember the emotions, the words, the smells… she was definitely me, yet she wasn’t… me.
That photo shook me a little. I decided I wanted to find that woman, and possibly, fall in love with life again. The past few years have been transformative. A quote by Maya Angelou sits on my desk,
“We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.”
Transformation is everywhere. Transformation is life. I have found by observing transformations around me while living through my own transformation that this process leads to the truest forms of success – overcoming and thriving. I am delighting in the beauty I have become, and…
I’m ready to fly.
The Unexpected Blessings
A personal transformation requires time and commitment to becoming better. We often choose one area to focus on, however, I’d like to share the bonus blessings while in the pursuit of any calling or goal.
- Better health. When we choose to pursue a calling or a goal, we are often inspired to look our best and feel our best. Without realizing it, we begin choosing our favorite clothes, take a little extra time for our hair, and smile more! The bonus blessing is a healthier glow, better fitting clothes, and an overall skip in our step.
- Better home environment. The future positively pulls us forward when we are in pursuit of a calling or a goal. All the trivial things that may have been tripping us up suddenly fade and become unimportant. The bonus blessing is a fresh feel at home and a rejuvenated energy.
- Freedom to Pursue the Future. The chains that may have kept us tethered to the past will also fade as you choose you over those chains. Whatever may have happened, doesn’t define you… unless you allow for it. The bonus blessing of letting go and focusing on the future is a sense of freedom to pursue those callings and goals.
- Stronger Faith. True, lasting transformations are impossible without God. All is for His glory, and it is His strength that carries us through each step, even when we doubt ourselves. The bonus blessing is deeper trust and the unending gift of hope and healing.
- Courage to pursue deeper relationships. We were designed for relationships. The bonus blessing of our transformation is that in breaking free of the past and focusing on the future, our hearts open up to love. Not only do we love God deeper, but we love ourselves more deeply, and perhaps even someone else.
Our Promise for the Future
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the LORD, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, declares the LORD, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile.
It’s your time for a transformation.
My book, It’s My Time, is just in time for the New Year.
Use this special link to order at 55% off! http://bit.ly/imt15
Join our Fiercely in Love Facebook Community! We are a group of women who share a common life experience and truly want to live life fiercely in love!