Karen Pierce is an author, speaker and coach. She helps women unlock their potential, power, and personality to take charge of their career, to become highly effective leaders of passion and purpose, and balanced by a rich personal life.
Karen Pierce, is an author, speaker, and work-life balance coach. She is an accomplished businesswoman and pilot whose career broke new ground for women in the corporate world. Graduating top of her aerospace engineering class, Karen led large teams at leading aerospace firms like Honeywell and Northwest Airlines searching out new technologies, preparing business plans and implementing them on a worldwide basis. Some of her program investments exceeded 9-figures. Karen spent 16 years in Asia where she stepped out of the corporate ranks and entered the entrepreneurial world. She began her own businesses in the area of technology and marketing consulting and coaching for small high-tech startup businesses as well as major corporations in the US. She also helped with the growth and success of non-profits and educational institutions in Japan and China. Karen now focuses her skills and experience on helping women strike a healthy and fulfilling balance in life. She believes that women are able to own their success and grow into their God-given greatness while developing loving, supportive relationships at home.
Karen Pierce is an author, speaker, and business coach. She is also an accomplished businesswoman and pilot whose career has broken new ground for women behind her in the corporate world. Graduating top of her aerospace engineering class, Karen led large teams at leading aerospace firms like Honeywell and Northwest Airlines. She spearheaded programs for use of GPS navigation for international aircraft in concert with the Russian government saving millions in fuel costs and time for international flights. She investigated and implemented new technologies to improve the safety of flight, and led the industry in the development and marketing of in-seat entertainment systems and satellite telecommunications – programs that involved hundreds of millions of investment dollars. Karen successfully attained coveted government funding to commercialize new technologies preparing business plans, proposals, and lobbying congressmen bringing several million dollars to a high-tech start-up firm.
Karen spent 16 years in Asia where she started her own business consulting and coaching corporations, non-profits and educational institutions in Japan and China. There, she helped grow and expand services for internationals in Shanghai, China and increase accessibility throughout the city. In both Japan and China she worked with the international schools, students and parents to help students succeed and move on to top universities worldwide.
Karen has studied Japanese intently and is capable in Chinese. She led a Japanese women’s Gospel choir in Yokohama, Japan and was a worship leader in her churches in Kobe, Japan and Shanghai, China. For fun, she did some modeling and was cast in several TV commercials and print ads. In her spare time, Karen is also an outspoken advocate for the return of disco and a diehard Bruno Mars fan.
Karen and her husband Tom have raised 2 young men and moved 20 times in their 36 years of marriage – 10 internationally. They attribute the success of both of their high-powered careers and multiple transitions to the strength of their relationship. Tom and Karen have discovered how to maintain a strong marriage despite the demands of their careers, family challenges and prolonged business travel and help others do the same.
No stranger to the challenges women face in the workplace and the conflicting demands on their time and attention, Karen now focuses her skills and experience on helping women achieve their own success, thrive on the challenges, and grow into their own greatness without sacrificing a rewarding personal life.
Sample Interview Questions:
- You advise ‘taking your work home to enhance your marriage.’ What do you mean by that? Are you saying pulling out your briefcase and taking over the kitchen table or den in the evening and on weekends will help your marriage?
- What do you mean when you say ‘run your marriage like a business?’ Hardly sounds romantic.
- You’ve been happily married nearly 37 years to a corporate executive, moved all over the world, raised your family all while moving up the corporate ladder and developing your own business. What’s your secret?
- What were your most difficult challenges in your marriage and how did you address them?
- Many couples struggle with accepting career opportunities which require a move to another city. How did you and your husband work through the decision to move out of the country with your boys?
- Isn’t it true that work-life balance, especially for women is a myth? It seem that either you have a great career or a great home life but not both and definitely not at the same time.
- You talk about non-negotiables. What is the difference between a non-negotiable and a core principle?
- Would you share some of your non-negotiables?
- You and your husband lived in different countries for nearly one year. How did you keep it together?
Interested in hiring Karen to speak?
Check out her speaking page at https://karenmpierce.com/speaking/
Karen’s Contact Info for Immediate Inquiries:
- Karen Pierce Headshot (print)
- Karen Pierce Headshot (web)
- Karen Pierce Standing
- Karen Pierce Seated
- Karen Pierce Seated II
- Karen Pierce Shoes
- Karen Pierce Landscape
“BrightMoney Academy” with w/ Scott McLaine; August 1, 2018
“In Business Phoenix” Cover Story: The Job Market; August 2018
“Queen’s Stand Up” Live Radio Show; July 8, 2018 at 9:00am EDT https://creatingthehabitofwellness.com/queens-stand-up
“Soulspark Radio” Podcast with Gray Robinson; May 29 @ 8pm EDT
“Healthy Relationship Talk Radio” live with Daaiyah Cixx for her international broadcast; May 10 at 2:00pm PDT https://toginet.com/shows/healthyrelationshiptalkradio
“Between the Lines” Live Radio Show with Corinne La Font; April 9 at 10:30am EDT http://www.blogtalkradio.com/empoweringnetwork